If you have been wanting to see where Muriel will travel for this last leg and what the plans are in Atchison, here is our best information at this time! Plans ,of course, might have to be adjusted due to delays she might encounter. We look forward to seeing anyone in Atchison who is able to be a part of this exciting homecoming event!!!
MURIEL’S JOURNEY THROUGH TEXAS, OKLAHOMA & KANSAS
FRIDAY, August 19
• Muriel journeys through Texas and Oklahoma.
• She follows US 60 from the New Mexico border through both states with detours on and off US 60.
SATURDAY MORNING, August 20
• Muriel will enter Kansas from Oklahoma on Hwy 281 through Pratt and Great Bend, KS
• She will continue on Hwy 281 to I-70 at Russell, KS
• Muriel will stay on I-70 through Abilene, Salina, Junction City
• Muriel travels east on I-70 from Junction City
• Muriel stays on I-70 to Exit 328 north to Wamego
• Turn east/right on Hwy 24 in Wamego
• Muriel will rest in Wamego at Kanequip
SUNDAY, August 21: 12noon
• Muriel will be on display from 11am to 12:00noon at Kanequip parking lot in Wamego
• Depart at 12:00noon from Wamego on US 24 to St Mary’s, KS
• At St. Mary’s, turn north on Hwy 16 to Holton
• Travel on US 75 to KS 9 to US 159
• Turn right onto US 73 via County Roads
MONDAY ITINERARY in ATCHISON, August 22
• Entering Atchison on US 73 going south from Lancaster
• Woodlawn to Main Street to 17th Street
• Left on 17th Street to Atchison Elementary School with stop in front of school for 10 minutes.
• Continue on 17th Street, Turn right on Country Club Road
• Continue to K-7/Division intersection- turn right onto Division Street
• Division Street to Second Street
• Stop in front of St. Benedicts School on Second Street for 10 minutes
• Continue on Second Street south to Main Street
• Turn right onto Main Street and stop by Fourth Street Parking Lot for photographs
• Continue on Main Street out of Atchison to Amelia Earhart Airport
12:00pm: Ceremony at Amelia Earhart Airport in Atchison, KS